Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Smallmongous




 Aug 7 2012

2 x 3 inch hand made note book

 Aug 7 2012



 Aug 6 2012


 Aug 6 2012                                           Aug 7 2012


Most of my Breath drawings or doodles are really quite small in nature and are in the range of 1 - 3 inches in height. A few extend to the 4-5 inch range. They generally remain quite small because of the limited movement involved in this drawing style. This movement relates to the style of the drawings in that the only thing moving during the drawing process are my fingers and this gives me very circular and curved drawn lines. There is next to no wrist movement. When I move my wrist, I get a larger drawing. And when I move my elbow there is an even greater range of motion, giving me an even larger drawing, which in this case is unnecessary given the small notepad in which I have given myself to draw in. Also the larger wrist or elbow movement in the process of drawing will give me a different result in the final product that is if I have a larger drawing surface.  These results are generally not in the same style as these small drawings. But I am working on that.

This drawing below is a detail of one of hopefully many large scale doodles. You are seeing here about a third of the total drawing in process. This area measures about 7 x 9 inches of a yet undetermined finished size.  It is also upside down (I think).