Friday, October 28, 2011

Conversensations


Sometimes the only drawing I get to do in a day is through doodling. One of the best times to doodle is while I'm on the phone. I do not have a cell phone, so I am very stationary when I am on the phone and unlike some other people I know, I can't work while I'm on the phone, but, I can doodle. 

These are small drawings that often are very figurative in that there are always bodies/people in these drawings. These are the shapes that naturally come out. I'm not thinking so much about it all because I am supposed to be listening to the person at the other end of the wire.



I always think that these drawings are being influenced by the person I am talking to and each is somehow specific to that person. I have yet to compile the drawings I've done to go with the same person, but that day will come. I've been doing this for years now and it's a whole world unto itself.